A Facebook Group is a platform you setup within the Facebook social networking site for group communication and for people to share their common interests and express their opinion. This lets people come together around a common cause, issue or activity to organize, express objectives, discuss issues, post photos, and share related content.
With a Facebook group, you are creating a community of people and friends to promote, share and discuss close and relevant topics.
Facts About Facebook Group
Any Facebook user can make a Group as no one is been restricted from doing that
- Some Groups let anyone join but others might not be accessible to the full public
- On account of joining a group, whether private or public, your Facebook friends might see that you have joined it
- There are groups that cannot be searched for Groups are can’t be searched for, so you have to be invited by a qualifying group member before you can join such groups.
- When leaving a Group other members will not be notified
- The creator of the group and anyone that is been made an admin only has the power to invite someone to a Group
- You can create events, upload pictures/video and share files within a Group
- Groups can be deleted by removing all the members therein
How To Create Facebook Group
- Discover “Add Group”: on Facebook from” your homepage” go to the Groups section on the left side menu and find “Add Group”.
- Click “Create New Group”: You will be taken to a page that displays the option to create a group as well as showing you some suggested groups to join.
- Name Your Group: You give a suitable name to the group
- Add Members: it should be noted that you are actually required to add one member to the group before it can be created.
- Choose Privacy Setting
- Click Create
How To Join A Group
- The following are easy steps on how to join a group:
- Click on the search bar
- Enter few keywords for the group you want to join
- Find and click on the group name in the result displayed for the search
- Click Join Group.
How Many Groups You Can Join As A Facebook User
As a Facebook User, you are permitted to join a maximum of (6,000) six thousand groups. Once this limit is attained you may not be able to join additional groups until you leave some which you belong.