WhatsApp has launched a new status feature that moves away from the ordinary text-based status message and depends much better on photos and video clips. The latest WhatsApp status is similar to Snapchat, Instagram, and other social rivals.
The feature is available on Android, iOS, and Windows smartphones across the globe. You can find the status bar on WhatsApp Android, WhatsApp tabs are arranged as follows on an Android device; camera, chats, status, and calls. Just click on the status tab to upload a status.
The latest WhatsApp status allows you to share photos, videos and animated Gifs that disappears after 24hours. To send and receive status updates to your contacts, both you and your contact must have each other’s phone numbers saved in your device phone book.
Facts about latest WhatsApp status
- You can upload multiple photos and videos as updates
- Add photos and videos as WhatsApp status
- WhatsApp status disappears after 24hours.
The latest WhatsApp status works relatively like the story feature on Snapchat and Instagram. The feature displays a real time of what you are doing, for every of your WhatsApp status your contacts view the status.
The view tab is placed at the bottom of your screen showing how many contacts watched and viewed your status, simply swipe up on your screen to view how many contacts that viewed your status.
How to create a WhatsApp Status
To create a WhatsApp status, simply;
- Open your official WhatsApp on your device
- Click on the camera icon on the top left of the screen
- Take a photo or video or select one from the camera roll
- Add a caption or filter to the photo if you want
- Tap the green bar to send
- You can send to a contact or select My Status bar to update to your status
- Click the Send icon at the bottom of the page
- Go to the status tab to see your status.
You can set your WhatsApp status settings to specify who sees your status. You can make a list of your contacts who can or who cannot see your contacts and you can also set it to show to all your contacts.
Set WhatsApp status privacy
- Open your WhatsApp
- Go to the status bar
- Tap the dotted icon at the top right corner of the status page
- Click on status privacy
- Choose out of the 3 options – My contacts, My contacts except, and Only share with.
You might also want to learn how to delete a status on WhatsApp, here are some guides to do so.
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to the status tab
- Scroll down to find the status you want to delete
- Tap on the eye icon that shows how many people have viewed the status
- Tap the trash icon
- Then click on the delete button to confirm.
The latest WhatsApp status is a way of broadcasting an idea or information to your contacts with just a click. And that’s all you need to know about the latest WhatsApp status.