Pinterest Sign Up, is what gets you in on the Pinterest platform, to pin pictures fromyour favorite activities daily. Pinterest Sign up, helps you represent yourbusiness on a visually based platform, which currently generates over 400 million page views per month, makingit, an increasingly popular social network.
Pinterest Sign Up Benefits
- Signing up on Pinterest, gives your business increased awareness
- Offers your business additional blog traffic.
- Gets you in on new leads
- Ultimately increases your business sales.
These are but a few of the benefits you enjoy, as you sign up on the Pinterest platform.
How Pinterest Works
Pinterest, is an “invite only” application. You can get in, either by requesting an invitation, as you click on the red “Request an Invite” tab, at the top of the Pinterest website, from where, you’ll be prompted to key in an email address for the invitation to be sent. Or, you can ask any of your friends, who already have a Pinterest account, to email you an invitation.
Immediately you get your invitation, you are to click on the link, you’ve been sent, and you’ll be prompted to log in with either Twitter or Facebook. With this, Pinterest can find, and suggest friends you can follow. You’ll also be prompted to create a Pinterest account name, Password and associated email. Once, you take thesesteps, a Pinterest account image, will be created from the profile image of either Twitter or Facebook, depending on your network of choice.
Pinterest Sign Up Steps
- Immediately you sign up, using either Twitter or Facebook, you’ll be given a visual grid of 28 topics, from which you’ll be required to choose your topics of interest, to enable Pinterest make possible suggestions, of who you should follow.
Choose some topics, and click on the blue “Follow People” tab at the bottom of the page. Some static, non-clickable images of people, (and their boards) that you are following, will come up, depending on the selection of topics you just made.
- Next, you are to create boards, by choosing from the default selection of pinboards (or Boards) offered to you. These includes captions such as “Products I love”, “For the Home”, etc. You are also given the liberty, to click on the “Add” button, at the rear of the screen, to add your own board with a custom name of your choice. These boards, depicts topics that you can “pin” pictures to.
Here, you can create as many, or few boards as you desire, and also edit your board titles you’ve created or delete these boards altogether. Click the “Edit” tab at the bottom of your board , to enable others contribute to your boards. Thereafter, locate the option that reads “Who can pin”?, and change the setting from “Just Me” to “Me + Contributors “.Note, to add anyone as a contributor to your boards, you have to follow at least one board belonging a Pinterest member.
- In the third step, you are to install the “Pin It” button, and start pinning. To do this, you’ll be navigated to a page where you can install a bookmarklet, known as “Pin It” in your browser. The Pin It button, enables you simply click the button on any images on a website that you’d like to pin to one of your boards. Next, the Pinterest application will open, displaying a grid of thumbnails of all the images available on the website.
Scroll your mouse over any image, tap on the “Pin This” tab, to pin the image to your board. A pop up window, will be displayed, enabling you choose the board, you’d like to pin the image to from a drop down menu of the boards you’ve created in Pinterest.
Choose the appropriate Board, and give the image a description (this is compulsory), and tap on the red “Pin It” tab. In the next pop up window that opens, your successful Pin will be confirmed and you’ll be provided with options to “See your Pin”, “Tweet your Pin” or “Share on Facebook”
- Now that you’ve created some boards, and have pinned a bunch of images to them, you can now begin the finding, connecting and sharing process with other members of Pinterest.